Week Thirty-One: All About You - In Three Parts

I've spent probably the last hour navigating between cooking dinner and checking over my list, trying to decide what it is that I wanted to talk about this week. And that's when it hit me: I don't want to talk about myself this week. While I understand the purpose of this project is to work on myself, accomplish some new goals, mark off a self-imposed bucket list so that when I die, whenever that fateful day is forty, fifty, one million years from now (who knows, maybe my work will allow me to live on forever?), I'll feel some measure of accomplishment, so that this last year of my twenties was not wasted on the folly of youth.

But my life is not just mine. It doesn't just belong to me. It belongs to all of my friends and family and colleagues. This project belongs just as much to the people I love as it does to me. You've all celebrated, sympathized, understood my doubt and curbed my fears, and turned my sadness into joy. Every step of this year, though there were times where I felt utterly and impossibly alone, I wasn't because you shared in this with me. And isn't it true that happiness is real, is tangible, when it's shared? There are plenty of life's experiences that are worth having alone, and I firmly believe the journey of walking through some of those choices is important for growth, but isn't one facet of the beauty that is life is sharing life with others?

Without you, I wouldn't be who I am. And through this undertaking maybe we will grow together.

That being said, this week I want to talk about you. And stick with me here, because this is a three-parter.

Part one: there are more things on my list than I care to admit are left to accomplish before my next birthday and what better way to knock them off my list than by obtaining your help. So, here it is: every last goal, task, and challenge that I have through the end of this year.

If you see something on this list that you want do accomplish with me, please let me know! At this point, it's clear that I lack the discipline to complete everything on my own and maybe with the support and encouragement of someone else, I'll actually knock everything out. Or at least most things. I would settle for most.

Now, onto part two.

It's no secret that music is an integral part of my life. From the moment I wake up, to before I go to sleep, music is every part of my daily routine. I listen to music when I'm cooking, cleaning, working, relaxing. It's everywhere. And what better way to celebrate the people that I love than by experiencing what they love, too!

Starting today, I will be putting together a "30 Before 30" playlist of songs as suggested by you. Whether it's something that will inspire me or something that will ground me or something that is just damn awesome, I want to hear it. Because you are just as much part of my story.

So, comment your suggestions here or wherever you see this post and I will put together a playlist throughout the week, maybe even continuously adding to it as the months progress. Do you have a story about why you love this song? Tell me about it. In extensive detail, if you want! There is no wrong answer.

And finally, part three.

This last part is just for fun and because I'm curious about what kinds of things you'll all say. Maybe it'll surprise me. Maybe it won't. Who's to say?! If you decide to participate in anything for this week, let it be these following questions. Getting to know you is a more worthwhile task.

  1. Who do you think should run for the next presidency? 
  2. What makes you get up every day? 
  3. How did we meet?
  4. Tell me about your dream job. 
  5. What do you love most about yourself?
  6. Have you ever wished you were someone else?
  7. Which person or persons would you share a meal with and why?
  8. Do you have a morning routine?
  9. Cats or dogs?
  10. When did you realize how goddamn wonderful you are?

Looking forward to it, friends!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Compounding Nature of Happiness

Week Sixteen: This Just In - I'm An Asshole

Week Four: Chemical Burns & Exiting Unemployment