Week Thirty-Six: I Am a Wicked Child

There's really nothing that I want to talk about this week. I can honestly say that nothing of note has occurred; there is nothing happening in my life that is worthy of discussion or thought. Work, come home, play with the dog, eat dinner, sleep, repeat.

And though it sounds boring, I kind of live for routine. I'm the type of person who is comfortable in the familiar, comfortable in realistic expectations. I like knowing that everyday when I come home I'll have a sweet dog to greet me and give me sweet kisses. I like knowing that when I get home there's nothing to do but relax, hang out with my roommate, spend some time on the internet, and enjoy my downtime. Monotony is welcome in my home. 

Perhaps we could talk about the non-monotonous stuff. Friday I went out on a date. Please, no, don't get excited about it because frankly, there's nothing to be excited over. We met for a couple of drinks at a local bar/restaurant, talked, sat in moderate awkward silence, and left. That's it. Sometimes dating means riffling through lots of different people until you find one that makes you go "Oh, they are cool. I think I'd like to hang out with them more and eventually see them naked." Sorry to say to my Friday night date but neither of those things are going to be happening anytime soon. That's just life. 

I wonder how much more difficult dating is going to get as I get ever closer to that dreaded "dirty thirty" threshold. 

How are your lives lately? Anything good to share? Victories? Obstacles? Anything? 

Sometimes I just get weary trying to come up with ideas for weekly topics as it relates to my blog and this is one of those weeks. Life is just kind of boring. Oh, and if you're wondering, the title for this week's blog is a Radiohead song (shocking, I know!) and has absolutely nothing more to it other than my abundant love for Radiohead and my propensity for being a relentless flirt. #SorryNotSorry. 

So, that's it. Seriously. This might be the shortest blog of the year and I am one hundred percent okay with that. Better to have nothing to talk about than having something awful to talk about. Believe it or not, I don't actually enjoy being such a downer. 

Love you all!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Compounding Nature of Happiness

Week Sixteen: This Just In - I'm An Asshole

Week Four: Chemical Burns & Exiting Unemployment